Wednesday 24 October 2012

No, I'm not dead.

I can only give my sincerest apologies for my complete lack of updates in the past few weeks. No, I have not been in the Amazon rainforest and no I have not been stranded in the mountains with no means of contact. I have in fact, just been incredibly busy. Boring I know. Just to show how sorry I am, here is a photo of me trying to recreate the pose of a red statue of an asian man. I hope that helps.


Anyhoo, so what has been keeping me busy for the past few weeks? In short, EVERYTHING. The three people who were fired from work have now left meaning there is half the staff with double the workload. On Mondays I'm lucky if I have a day shorter the 10 hours. Not including lunch break. This has been quite good though, as I feel I'm slowly beginning to work up more responsibility in the firm. I am now in charge of the dailz running of the business, which would be relatively straightforward had people not started finding mistakes in every report that were they before I even started! Sod's law really, as I'm having to build some reports from scratch again. On top of this we are trying to introduce our biggest and most important report yet (I won't bore you with the details) but this has hit many stumbling blocks meaning even longer hours. I barely have time to even attempt to make friends at work!

Outside of work I have also been extremely pushed for time. I've had uni work to complete, a shop to do, a haircut to get amongst various visits and social activities! This has also been good though, because it's left me very little time to think about how much I dislike where I'm currently living. I've decided that I owe it to myself to try and find somewhere else to live, with young people ONLY. If I don't I think I would probably feel like I'd wasted one of the most valuable experiences of my life. I'm not prepared to do that just yet.

In other news, I've finally joined a football team - Munich Irish Rovers! As you can probably tell, it's not a native German team so I won't actually be able to practice my German at any point but they seem to be like a nice bunch of lads which I feel is much more important. They train twice a week with matches on Sundays and boy do they work you hard. My first training session happened to be 'fitness night' and I can honestly say I've never been worked so hard in my life. I could barely walk for the next four days! I've just got back from training tonight actually, where I scored the greatest goal of my career to the awe of my teammates. I hope there's plenty more where that came from! The only downside is that it's about 40 minutes away from where I live  so it takes up an entire evening when I go but one lad lives relatively close to where I do and drives his softtop BMW training each week. I think we're gonna become good friends.

My german friend count is depressingly still at zero but I think (hope) that I am making inroads on a few fronts. I've decided to use a music website to see who else is going to the same gigs I've got lined up in the next month or so and then try to talk to them. This has yielded 2 potential results! All I've got to do is build it up to the point where it won't be too awkward to ask if they want to go for a drink somewhere. It's probably a slow burner but it's a start.

Last weekend my parents were in town and we spent a great weekend together. Matty flies out tomorrow and Ma and Pa return to Munich on Friday so I will give a full report of their visit once they've flown back to England. I also saw The Vaccines at BMW Welt last Saturday - I wrote a review of it for my cousin's website here http://thegoodreview.co.uk/2012/10/the-vaccines-bmw-world-munich/

So that's my life up-to-date! Once I get into the middle of November things should begin to settle down again and I should be able to update more frequently and move my life forward. Everything is just too hectic at the moment to do that! I leave you now to go and collapse into bed, before this all starts over again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment